Swiss roll bread & butter pudding
View the requirements
- for the Swiss rolls
- 100 g almond powder
- 100 g icing sugar
- 30 g flour
- 65 g sugar
- 3 tbsp Hero Strawberry Jam
- for the custard
- 100 g Sugar
- 250 g uht cream
- 250 g milk
- 1 pinch of vanilla
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C.
2. Mix 3 whole eggs , almond powder, icing sugar and flour in a food processor.
3. Whisk 3 egg whites and sugar until soft peak and fold it into the egg and almond mixture until well combined.
4. Spread evenly unto a 60x40 cm tray lined with baking paper. Baker for around 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and roll up the sponge cake along with the baking paper. Cling wrap and set aside.
5. Unroll the sponge cake and turn it over so the papered side is up; remove the baking paper and spread a layer of strawberry jam on top. Roll it firmly to form a log. Cut into 4cm-thick slices and arrange the cake in a rectangular or square ovenproof dish (4cm hight).
For the custard:
1. In a mixing bowl, cream 3 eggs and sugar until pale. Combine UHT cream, milk and vanilla in a saucepan.
2. Bring to boil and pour on to the egg mixture. Whisk until well combined.
For the pudding:
1. Preheat the oven at 150°C.
2. Pour the custard mixture on to the Swiss roll in the ovenproof dish. Bake for around 40minutes or until the custard sets.
- The bread and butter pudding can be served warm or cold.
- Drizzle some Hero chocolate or strawberry Topping or decorate the plate with Hero Topping sauce when serving.
- The disha can also be made in individual portions in ovenproof ramekins.
- Hero strawberry baking jam can also be replaced by normal Hero strawberry jam.